I recently moved web hosts and that means the wordpress sites that I have needed to be copied over. I ran in to an issue with one site in particular. I had this site originally on an IIS server, moved to Plesk, and now to CPanel over time.
I tried the typical options, fix the .htaccess file and even renaming it completely.
Check the database for the correct information.
Nothing I did fixed the issue. I ended up turning on display errors in the php.ini file:
In the php.ini file:
display_errors = Off
log_errors = On
error_log = /var/log/php-errors.log
Make the log file, and writable by www-data:
sudo touch /var/log/php-errors.log
sudo chown www-data:www-data /var/log/php-errors.log
This displayed the following message:
Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(D:\Plesk\Websites\xxxx.xxx\logs\php_errors\xxxx.com\php_error.log) is not within the allowed path(s): (D:/Plesk/Websites/xxxx.xxx\;C:\Windows\Temp\) in Unknown on line 0
No input file specified.
Well, I couldn’t find this path anywhere in the database so I used Actual Search & Replace to find “plesk” and bingo! found it in the .user.ini file.
I renamed this file to .user.inix and the site loaded without an issue.