Very useful tool when you need to find information in a file. It has plenty of options. If you cannot find what you are looking for with this tool, it probably does not exist.
It hasn’t been updated since 2013 but I have no problems running it on Windows 10 and 2012.
The following is from their website:
- This powerful tool provides search and replace operations across multiple ASCII (text, HTML etc.) files.
- Actual Search and Replace works under Windows 95/98/Me/2000/NT/XP/Server 2003/Vista/7/8 operation system.
- You can find files by specifying the path, name masks, and a query. You can search documents for a phrase or several words, multi-line or regular expression and use the search engines style queries.
- Actual Search and Replace displays abstracts from the searched files and highlights the search words/phrases in them.
- The tool allows to find files within the previous search results.
- Once you find the documents, you can replace, insert, and delete text in them.
- The preliminary search feature, ability to undo the operations and files backup help users to control the files modification process.
- Files can be filtered by their size and last modification date.
- You can save the report about the found files and detailed information about the occurrences found in them.
- The batch replace operation allows to execute a lot of various replacements with one click.
- Actual Search and Replace can be used also as a command line utility.