I had an issue where the time on my remote virtual desktop was always ~12 minutes fast. I checked the domain controller and it was on the same time.
There are a few places to check, the first part is if you are running on Hyper-V.
On the host machine:
- Open up the settings of the virtual machine that is having the issue. In this case, it is my domain control, since that is where my remote desktop server gets it time.
- Uncheck time synchronization.
- Click ok!
On the domain controller, let’s reset the time services.
- Open up powershell as administrator. Administrator might not be necessary but I run it this way out of habit.
- Type the following:
- net stop w32time
- w32tm /config /syncfromflags:manual /manualpeerlist:”0.pool.ntp.org, 1.pool.ntp.org, 2.pool.ntp.org”
- w32tm /config /reliable:yes
- net start w32time
- w32tm /query /configuration
- w32tm /resync
If all went well, the time on your domain controller should be correct now.